March 14, 2013

Hey!

Look at that!
You can ignore the Binnenhof (the buildings in which the Dutch Parliament has met since 1446, description of it is here, tourist information here), looking splendid in the the late afternoon sunlight, and the modern skyline of The Hague behind the trees... 
Just look at that white sign on the post holding the wires for the tram: Stoffenbeurs  will be in town this Sunday!
Stoffenbeurs is a fabric market which is held in twice a year in several cities around the Netherlands (its rival, Stoffenspektakel is held in the same period in other places, including locations in Belgium and the north of France). In The Hague, the market is held on the square near the modern town hall. 
It's quite near where I live, so I'll be going anyway. However, it just occured to me that this is the sort of event a lot of seamstresses attend... I know most of you are not exactly from around here, but maybe some of you are closer than I think. So, if you are going to the Stoffenbeurs in The Hague this Sunday and you fancy meeting up for fabric shopping and coffee/lunch/drinks, just say so in the comments or email me! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not going to be there (I'm in California), but I would love to see a picture of the event. It sounds really exciting!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helaas dit keer niet, hoewel ik in de buurt woon. Maar graag een volgende keer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went with friends, and came home with a beautiful collection of fabrics. Now I only need a week or two of free time to sew....

    ReplyDelete