June 21, 2012

Twisty top

Among the excitement of dresses and jumpsuits, it's easy to forget hard-working wardrobe staples like the humble knit top. I don't actually wear dresses or jumpsuits all the time with nice skirts or trousers, one needs tops...
I have a lot or variaty for winter but for summer, not so much. Mostly simple t-shirts and vests I've had for years (some even RTW instead of me-made!).


It was just time for another comfortable-yet-slightly-fancy top. One suitable for summer weather.


So, I made this one. 


It's got something sort of like Pattern Magic's twist. Both halves for the top front are in fact one piece which forms a loop at the top, the collar/off shoulder sleeve is also one piece which is threaded through that loop and then inserted into that high back piece. 


I made it so that attaching the 'sleeves' to the back was the last step, which allowed me to fit the width of the collar/sleeves to my shoulders. 


The light in my living room is rather directional, so I also made this picture of the top on the table to show that twist properly. (oh, and as usual, it's my own design and I drafted the pattern)

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Very flattering top.

    Could you share a sketch of what the pattern looks like? I would love to make something like that once I get a basic sloper sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great top and the colour suits you well,also would love to see a line drawing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top and the color. Really ingenious drafting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool top. Hooray for twisty bits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It іs produced up from alternative grаdes of very small aggrеgate that havе been eaгlier
    coated in ωarm bitumen thаt functionѕ as a bіndег ωhen blended diligently with verу hot asphаlt.

    Handmade bread is not onlу straightfοrωаrԁ to
    makе, but you'll find it better for you. Commence eleven miles, and see thoroughly for the indication to Laupahoehoe Stage Seaside Park on the best suited.

    my page :: pizza stone pampered chef instructions

    ReplyDelete