I made the decorative button placket on the bodice so I could repeat those colours, white and brown there.
Worn with a belt, it looks fine. I like the look of sleeve and I like the pockets.
The skirt is, surprisingly, not that full (of course skirt width, like skirt length went through various stages). the single piece back is slightly less than half a circle. Parts of that same shape form the side front pieces while the center front has gathers. The pockets are in those front seams. I made it the length ordered by the pattern: 67 cm.
The rate of movement which the sleeves allow is OK, as long as you don't have to reach up a lot.
Take the belt off, and the fitting issues are on display: During construction, I took the waist in by 1 cm on each side seam, so I took out 4 cm in all. It's still a bit too wide. It's also about 1 cm too high on my body. The bust dart points to about 0.5 cm above the apex of my breast and I should also have removed some width in that area. I also usually make the front waist darts longer than they are here, to get a more fitted look just below the bust.
Some of these issues are definately down to me being unfamiliar with Marion's sizing. The sizing chart didn't include a back length measurement, so the only way to find out about that was to just go ahead and make something. The adjustment I made to the waist, was the difference between the waist measurement for that size and my own, so I am surprised to find out they apperently added quite a bit of ease there.
On the other hand, for the lady in the picture for the 1953 dress, it's not such a close fit either. Maybe our ideas of this last golden age of the wasp waist are just a bit over the top...
With that in mind, I should be OK using Marion patterns if I lengthen the bodices by 0.5 cm above the bust and 0.5 to 1 cm between bust and waist and take out width according to the sizing table.