August 27, 2011

I'm back!

I've been gone for about two weeks, did you notice?
Well, I most certainly did. I finally got to go on that vacation I've been longing for.

Just E. and me, with our car and little tent. We went to Schwarzwald (Black Forest in Germany). We didn't book anything because we like to be free to come and go as we like and because the weather had been so unpredictable. We had great weather. Warm, but not too warm and only two serious showers on our last two days there. We came back yesterday and discovered that we had picked just about the only region with good weather within a day's driving distance from our home.

Schwarzwald is well-known for its natural beauty, and to a pair of flat-land-people like us, it's especially impressive. We've done a lot of hiking, taking in all the great views on the way and we've seen a few castle ruins and charming old towns.
We've had a great time and now, I feel like I have to adept to being back home again.

I haven't done anything sewing-related all that time and I've even worn less me-made clothes than usual... But I'm now well-rested and ready to go again!

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous scenery! Also, you look SO cool in those big boots! Your holiday sounds lovely, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est bon de vous avoir refraichie et heureuse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauriana! Sorry I haven't visited your blog in so long! Your holiday looks fantastic. I am very jealous. Do they actually have Black Forest Cake at the Black Forest? Or is that an Australian invention?

    ReplyDelete