No inspiration for a witty title today. I just want to get straight to the good stuff: presenting my new-from-old leather jacket.
As I told before, I 'harvested' the leather last year from a much loved and very worn-out coat of boyfriend's. It had a lot of seams, leaving me with small pieces of leather and I used some of them as decoration for a costume back then.
Because I wanted long sleeves on my jacket (way more practical), I decided it couldn't be leather-only. I used black wool crepe from the stash for the side panels, the undercollar and the sleeves. The jacket has black lining and closes with a seperating zipper which I made shorter to use it here.
Because it's hard to show the detail of a black-on-black jacket in the pictures, I've enlisted Mary's help once more. It seems like she's having a better modeling day than me right now ;)
As you can see, I cut the leather to suit the shape of the pattern (not the most practical thing for 'pattern-tetris' purposes, but, at least in my opinion, the most flattering). The front partially overlaps (for pattern makers among you: the overlap is to the position of the front waist dart in the sloper) with the left side of the zipper inserted in the princess seam.
And something I'm really pleased about: it may just look even better when worn open.