May 14, 2010

Tying up loose ends

There's not a lot of interesting sewing going here, this week. It's more like tying up loose ends. I just finished this skirt.

I copied the pattern from the favorite skirt of a collegue of miss V's. Before you think I've gone crazy and am now sewing for everyone, she will be paying me. Well beyond the cost of the fabric etc. This skirt is sort of a try-out, which she will get at a reduced price. The fabric has been in my stash for over a year, and I know I cannot vouch for the longevity of this woven floral. I bought it because I loved this jaquard-like pattern, but never made it into anything because it just seemed so 'different' for me. Now, I'm starting to like it again. I may just make myself a jacket from what's left.
I'm slightly worried about the match with the jersey top though. In some light, it matches the blues in the flowers rather perfectly. In other light, it ehh, doesn't quite do the trick. I hope she'll like it. The colours in this fabric are just so hard to match (especially knowing that this lady tends to think black stands out too much...)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really like that skirt! It looks super-comfortable.

    ReplyDelete