February 17, 2010

Weekly outfit is back! Eh, nr. 18 right?


I actually planned to do several outfit-pictures today, showing off various recent creations. However, I managed to have my eyes closed on all but one picture, and by the time I noticed, it was too dark for new once.
So, just one for now, and I'll try again on Friday.



Here I'm wearing (they just go with everything) my lightly flared charcoal grey trousers with my latest creation, a top with a draped neckline. What makes this one quite different in my wardrobe is, of course, the colour. I found this fabric on sale and it was just so woolly and soft and drapey that I just had to buy it. I figured I could always dye it if the colour was really no good. But it's kind of a burnt orange which actually goes surprisingly well with my hair colour and skin tone (at least, I think so...).
I bought all the fabric left on the bolt (about 3m, the sellers at the market always start making offers you can't refuse when they get to the last 4m on a bolt), so there will be one or two more pieces made from it.

9 comments:

  1. The orange is beautiful on you and I love the deep drape of the cowl. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade of orange. And the voluminous cowl is truly divine! Did you draft the pattern yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange is such a fabulous colour for blondes. I think I have to go there. I've missed your posts recently and look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely blouse. The draped neckline makes quite the statement. Can't wait to see the rest of your pieces:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange is an excellent color on you. I quite like the draped neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit. I love the orange top. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really gorgeous. I can see that in my wardrobe quite happily...! Glad you're back...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the top, all of it. Would look great with really skinny pants and heels too (that'd be a totally updated femme fatale). Or with a skirt.
    Great piece of clothing (and the colour is fabulous, don't you just love it when destiny makes you go in unexpected but good directions?).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loooove that top! I would normally shy away from orange, too, but you're right, it looks amazing on you and really works with your colouring.

    ReplyDelete